- You can end your membership at any time by contacting mytown.ie.
Information collected by mytown.ie
We collect the following types of information about you when you use mytown.ie:
- Information provided by you. We collect personal information, such as your name and email address, when you register to become a member of mytown.ie. This information is used when you set up your personal profile.
- Information collected automatically. mytown.ie receives and stores information which is transmitted automatically from your computer when you browse the Internet and use mytown.ie. This information includes information from cookies (which are described in paragraph 4 below), your IP address and browser type. Your IP address is the unique address of your computer which is automatically provided to other computers when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from those computers on the Internet.
Use and Disclosure of information
- We will use your name so that you are recognisable on our database and so that we can personalize your experience. We will use your email address to contact you from time to time and may also use it for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are.
- We may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit mytown..
- Advertisements that appear on mytown.ie are delivered to you by our advertising partners. mytown.ie may transfer information about your use of mytown.ie, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to our advertising partners and other third parties. This information may be used to provide advertising, promotions and other products and services that may be of particular interest to you. It may also be used to provide you with a tailored choice of content and media products.
- Our advertising and promotions partners have no access to your name or personal contact information stored by mytown.ie. mytown.ie does not provide your name or personal contact information to an advertising partner when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement.
- We may provide your personally identifiable information and the data generated by cookies and the aggregate information to the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us in providing our services to you. Such third party entities will be obligated to use your personally identifiable information solely to provide the services to us.
- We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of mytown.ie, its affiliates or the public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the relevant agency or authority in doing so.
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. mytown.ie recommends that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet.
Security and confidentiality
- The security of your personal information depends on your protection of your account password. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. mytown.ie uses industry standard technology designed to help keep your personal information safe. Please bear in mind though, that it is impossible for mytown.ie to guarantee that impenetrable security measures are in place. For example, we cannot control any illegal and/or unforeseen activity of other users that may allow them to get around the privacy or security settings on the mytown.ie website. Consequently, you acknowledge that there are circumstances in which your personal information may be accessed by unauthorised persons.
- If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions about the security of our website, please contact a member of our team.
To cancel your membership you should contact a member of the mytown.ie team.