Christ Church Cathedral stands at the apex of Castle Street and Bridge Street in the heart of Lisburn. The tallest landmark in the city. There has been a Christian church on this site for the last 380 years. In 1662 it was granted cathedral status by Charles II but in April 1707 the church was destroyed by a disastrous fire that swept through the whole town of Lisburn. The rebuilding of a new church was begun the following year and the spire was added a hundred years later.
24 Castle Street, Lisburn, Co. Down