VODKA SOLD TO 15 YEAR OLD IN CASTLELYONS PLAYGROUND
Parents are being urged to be vigilant following an incident at the playground in Castlelyons where it’s alleged vodka was sold to unsuspecting young people. One 15-year-old boy became violently ill after consuming the vodka and required medical attention.
Speaking about the incident, which occurred last Saturday night, parent Kathy Drislane said what had happened was extremely worrying and only for the assistance of SouthDoc and the gardai a much more serious scenario could have unfolded.
Responding to the incident, chairman of Castlelyons Community Council, James Ronayne said gardai had been made aware of the situation and that plans were afoot to install extra lighting in the vicinity of the playground.
He said the playground was being respected and was well maintained but added it wasn’t a suitable place for teenagers to congregate. The illegal sale of alcohol was something he condemned outright and he urged those in a position to assist the gardai to do so.
The gardai, James said, had been very helpful and had provided local people with a number of free phone numbers (1800 666111 and 1800 250 025).
Thursday 25th September 7:31pm