Historical Attractions in Letterkenny
- Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Built between the years of 1890 and 1900 and is the only Catholic cathedral in the county. The ceilings are the work of Amici of Rome, while the stained glass windows that illuminate the Sanctuary and the Lady Chapel are by the Mayer firm of Munich.
- High Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- 074 912 4613
The building itself was constructed in 1842 when it was used as a workhouse during the Famine. Its purpose is to collect, record, preserve, and display the material evidence and associated information of the history of Donegal.
- Donegal Town, Co. Donegal
Also known as O’Donnell’s Castle. The castle consists of a 15th century rectangular keep with a later Jacobean style wing. The complex is sited on a bend in the Eske River, near the mouth of Donegal bay, and is surrounded by a 17th boundary wall.