Also known as the National Theatre of Ireland. The Abbey first opened its doors to the public on 27 December 1904, and despite losing its original building to a fire in 1951, has remained active to the present day. The Abbey was the first state-subsidised theatre in the English-speaking world; from 1925 onwards it received an annual subsidy from the Irish Free State. Since July 1966, the Abbey is located at 26 Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1.
26 Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Co. Dublin