18th century building located on the north bank of the River Liffey which now houses the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government.
As the port of Dublin moved further downriver, the building's original use for collecting custom duties became obsolete.
During the Anglo-Irish War in 1921, the Irish Republican Army burnt down the Custom House, in an attempt to disrupt British rule. After the Anglo-Irish Treaty, it was restored by the Irish Free State government.
Custom House Quay, Co. Dublin