MITCHELSTOWN RACE NIGHT FOR GUIDE DOGS
Mitchelstown Macra na Feirme are teaming up with the Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind this Friday, April 8 in Auntie Mae’s for a race night to raise funds for this very worthwhile charity.
Planning has been ongoing for a number of weeks and now that the event is drawing near Mitchelstown Macra is looking forward to a wonderful night of entertainment.
Mitchelstown Macra PRO, Clodagh Carey takes up the story, “There will be ten races which have been kindly sponsored by local businesses in the Mitchelstown and North Cork area. In addition to this there will be ample opportunities to back a few horses on the night. The horses have been sold by Mitchelstown Macra members and associates for the last few weeks and reaction has been very positive to the race night and the cause in general,” Clodagh told The Avondhu.
Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind is a national charity dedicated to helping persons who are blind or vision impaired or families of children with autism to achieve improved mobility and independence.
They receive over 85 percent of their income through voluntary donations and fundraising through a network of volunteers across the country. The remaining 15 percent is provided through statutory bodies and government agencies. It will cost just over €4 million to run the organisation this year.
Their national headquarters and training centre is located on the Model Farm Road two miles outside Cork city. All the training programmes are run at this location. Full aftercare is provided for all clients in their home and community.
“Mitchelstown Macra na Feirme is proud to be able to help and assist this charity in their efforts by raising much needed funds. You can help too by coming along to the race night on Friday in Auntie Mae’s or by logging onto www.guidedogs.ie,” Clodagh continued.
For more information in relation to the event contact Ger Griffin on 087-6534567.
Thursday 7th April 7:02pm