Redevelopment of Ballyporeen parochial hall underway
Work is now well underway on the redevelopment of Ballyporeen Parochial hall. Anyone passing through Ballyporeen village will have noticed the change in the streetscape.
Gone is the old entrance to the hall to make way for the new entrance lobby. The changes to the back are even more dramatic with the old concrete stairs to the second floor demolished to make way for the new kitchen, store room and toilets.
This is all part of a €450,000 development of the parochial hall which is 75% funded by South Tipperary Development company. The remaining 25% will be paid by the local community. Ballyporeen Community Council sees the hall as the centre of community life in Ballyporeen. It is for this reason that they have undertaken this ambitious project from which a state of the art facility will emerge. It will once again be fit for purpose and serve the whole community well into the future.
The Community Council are aware that these are difficult financial times and would like to thank all those who have supported the project to date, both financially and otherwise. Your continued support will be critical to the success of the hall re-development. There are two fundraising events organised over the next month.
The first is an Irish social night on St Patrick’s Eve, March 16, in O’Casey’s Lounge, Ballyporeen, admission €5. So come along, wear a splash of green, and enjoy the music and the craic.
The second will be on Friday, April 12, when the Tipperary Gospel Choir, supported by the Ballyporeen Church Choir, will perform in The Church of the Assumption, Ballyporeen. Tickets for this very special event are €10 and are available at the post office Ballyporeen or by contacting Ellen on 086-3247017 or Tom 087-9973237.
Friday 8th March 10:18am