This building was a National School built in 1892 at the behest of the local landlord, Sir William Gregory of Coole Park, Gort. The architect, Francis Persse was his brother-in-law and he incorporated into the building, the ornamental portions with which Sir William was familiar, when he was Governor of Ceylon. The school was closed in 1960. The Museum was officially opened by Mary Robinson on the 8th August, 1996.
Kiltartan Cross, Gort, Co. Galway
- 091 632 346