The stately home of Lord Altamont the Marquess of Sligo. It was built by the Browne family in the 18th Century, on the site of an O'Malley castle whose dungeons are still present today. The architects were Richard Cassels who built (1730 ) the east section of the house facing the town, and later James Wyatt who built the other three facades to form a quadrangle.
Westport, Co. Mayo
- 098 27 766